Are you visiting our blog because you will be in this class next year? If so, WELCOME!
While you are here, be sure to sign up for email updates (right side of the blog where it says subscribe by email
). Our class blog will be the site for information about school supplies, curriculum and assessment, and much more. A school supply list will be posted on July 1. Check out the supply list HERE
Also, remember to sign up for email updates on the Georgetown School Blog
. The school blog will provide updates all summer long about school wide events and important details about open houses and calendar dates.
I am so glad you are here! I will be posting a few times to the blog throughout the summer so please check back! I am getting ready for a great third grade year!
I look forward to meeting you at our school open house on August 22 from 6:30-7:30pm.
– Ms Van Arkel
The school year has flown by and now here we are at summer vacation. I want to thank each of you for sharing your children with me this school year. I feel so blessed to have been a part of your children’s lives as their third grade teacher!
Thank you so much for the ways you have volunteered your time and donated items for our class this year. I appreciate all your support!
Have a safe, healthy, and happy summer! I will miss this wonderful group!
Ashley Van Arkel
I can’t believe it! The last week of school! It has been a fabulous year of learning, fun, and friendships! Thank you for all the ways you have supported your child’s education.
A few things:
Make sure your child has their backpack each day this week. You will see folders and papers coming home. We are cleaning out lockers and desks!
Remind your third grader to return library books.
Friday is a half day. Dismissal is at 12:15pm.
Our class did an outstanding job of presenting their biography research work today!! Thanks to all who came to see our museum. Check it out:
Happy Memorial Day weekend! I hope you enjoy the sunshine! No school on Monday. See you back on Tuesday!
For our last ten days of third grade we are celebrating with activities each day. Check out our activity for Tuesday!
Friday, May 25: Total Red, White, and Blue day
Tuesday, May 29: Hat day or crazy hair day
- We continue working hard on end of the year assessments with reading and writing and we are also spending time doing some math review too! We are finishing strong over the next few weeks!
- BIOGRAPHY PROJECT: Hopefully you have seen the project note come home as well as the invitation. Help your child plan to dress like the person they researched and/or make a visual to represent their research. You are invited to our Living Museum on Monday, June 4.
- Homework: Please help your third grader to continue working on reading and math fact practice as homework. This is critical not only near the end of the year, but also throughout the summer.
- We will not be going to library on Friday. Please help your third grader to return all their books back to school.
- Summer Tutors: If you are interested in your child having a tutor this summer, and have not scheduled this already, please let me know. I can give you a list of tutors that may still have openings.
- Summer Practice Work: At the end of each year, I put together a packet of practice work to send home with students. If this is something you would be interested in for your child, please email me and I will get it sent home. Thanks!
We just opened our last box of tissues today! If you are able to donate a box or two to our classroom, we would appreciate it!!