It’s the time of year when the sicknesses are going around. We are in need of supplies to keep the kids in our classroom healthy. If you are able to donate, we could use boxes of tissues and sanitizing wipes that are used to clean our tables and door handles.
Please help me to keep your kids free of sickness!
Thanks so much for your donations! We appreciate it!
We have been working so hard on our multiplication facts this year. I am so happy to report that some of our students have mastered their multiplication facts through the 12s! This means they have worked hard and passed their weekly practice pages. Since they have passed the 12s facts, they signed their name on the poster in our classroom, and now will be working on mixed facts and division.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO ADDING MORE NAMES TO OUR POSTER!
In one of our grammar assignments this week we read about National Hat day on January 15.
We decided that our class would like to celebrate this day so our class may wear hats on Monday!
Wow! I can’t believe it’s January! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday break!
- A new homework packet will be coming home today. It is due next Monday, January 15. A spelling pre-test with a new spelling word list should come home as well. These words should be practiced for the spelling test on Friday.
- Multiplication Fluency Practice: You will see a practice page come home today. This was completed on Friday. Attached to this practice page will be a note saying NOT YET or GOT IT! This let’s you and your third grader know what facts will need to be practiced for this Friday. Your third grader keeps track of their own progress on a graph here at school so they will know exactly what facts they should be working on.
- We have library on Friday. Please help your third grader to remember to bring their books back.
- Early Release is this Friday, January 12. Dismissal is at 12:15pm.
Here is a peek at our Polar Express party! We had a great time. THANK YOU to all who volunteered and donated items.
With two weeks off from school, I have reminded the third graders to continue their reading and math fact practice. Please help your child to remember to log on to MobyMax or use their flashcards for practice. They will know what math facts they need to practice. Thanks!
I wish you all a happy Holiday break!
Just a reminder about our Holiday Party next Thursday, December 21! All the information can be found HERE on the blog post from a few weeks ago.
If you are planning to come to the party, make sure you have filled out a background check form: HERE.
By next Wednesday (12/20):
- send in a wrapped box
- send in a small gift that your child will pass out to each classmate (26 students in our class). Gift suggestions: erasers, pencils, wrapped candy, small party favor, bookmark, etc.
****If you have questions, please let me know!