Studies have shown that students can lose up to 50% of learning during the summer vacation. Georgetown is challenging you and your child to “KEEP ON LEARNING” this summer to prevent summer slide. There are two ways to record your learning time:
Our goals for students over the summer are below. Students who reach or exceed goals will be entered into a drawing for an Amazon Gift Card (1 per grade). This is for their grade next year.
- First Grade: 100 minutes
- Second Grade: 200 minutes
- Third Grade: 300 minutes
- Fourth Grade: 400 minutes
- Fifth Grade: 400 minutes
- First Grade: 100 pts
- Second Grade: 200 pts
- Third Grade: 300 pts
- Fourth Grade: 400 pts
- Fifth Grade: 500 pts
READING: Log into this form to record the number of minutes you read. You can record each day or enter the total for each week.
MOBYMAX via CLEVER: https://clever.com/in/hpseagles
Login in will be username @hpsstudents.net
If your child is new to the school and you would like login information, email Mrs. Reagan. firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great summer…and keep on learning with READING and MOBYMAX!
- Homework this week is Remembering 4-5/Homework 4-6. It should be coming home today and is due next Monday Feb. 26.
- Multiplication Fluency Practice: A practice page will come home today. This was completed on Friday. Attached to this practice page will be a note saying NOT YET or GOT IT! This lets you and your third grader know what facts should be practiced for this Friday. Your third grader keeps track of their progress here at school so they know exactly what facts to practice. Please help your third grader practice their facts this week.
- MobyMax should be practiced regularly at home. You will need to log onto Clever to access MobyMax. Let me know if you have forgotten how to do this. There is a link on the right side of the blog under AT HOME links. I will also continue to have all kids practice fluency here at school
- We have library on Friday. Help your child remember to bring their books back before Friday. Thanks!
We had a great time on our field trip to DeGraaf Nature Center last Thursday! Take a look!
Here is a peek at our Polar Express party! We had a great time. THANK YOU to all who volunteered and donated items.
With two weeks off from school, I have reminded the third graders to continue their reading and math fact practice. Please help your child to remember to log on to MobyMax or use their flashcards for practice. They will know what math facts they need to practice. Thanks!
I wish you all a happy Holiday break!
Hello 3rd Grade Families!