3rd Grade Update!

I look forward to sharing all the great things happening in third grade when I meet with you at conferences next week. Conference appointments were sent home a few weeks ago. Please let me know if you are unsure of your time.

The book fair is coming next week. Our class will preview on Tuesday and have a chance to purchase on Thursday.

Please be sure to check and sign your child’s daily agenda. Classroom tickets are given to students each morning if their agenda is signed.

Here’s what’s happening in third grade:
Writing: We are completing a realistic fiction unit and will review personal narratives before moving on to some research writing.

Spelling/Grammar: We have been working in spelling groups to work on our words throughout the week. Please remember that spelling words go home each Monday for the test on Friday. We have been learning about verbs as well as irregular verbs and using past and present tense.

Math: We are working on a unit with 2 step word problems with hidden or extra information. We have been working on using strategies to solve these kinds of problems.

Reading: We are working through a biography unit. The students have really enjoyed reading about famous people and learning about their lives.

Science: There will be a test this week. Review material was sent home last week.