Dear Third Grade Families,
I am excited to welcome you to our third grade classroom! I am looking forward to meeting you!
Here is a list of school supplies that your child will need for their learning in third grade. We will be limiting the sharing of supplies so PLEASE LABEL all your child’s supplies as well as their belongings with their name. This will be so helpful!
*some of these supplies will also be used in specials class*
- (1) writing composition book for writer’s workshop
- (1) spiral notebook for your math journal
- (1) black Sharpie permanent marker
- (2) fine point dry erase markers for your whiteboard work- labeled with name
- (2-3) glue sticks – labeled with name
- no.2 pencils (not mechanical pencils)
- handheld pencil sharpener
- 24 count box of crayons- labeled with name
- Colored pencils- labeled with name
- markers- labeled with name
- scissors- labeled with name
- (1-2) highlighters- labeled with name
- (5) two-pocket folders (plastic folders work best, but are not required). Do not send in a binder:
- purple or orange
- DO NOT send in any kind of pencil pouch or pencil box. We will be storing supplies a little differently this year so they can easily be taken to specials classes. Thank you!
- Please be sure your child has a clean mask each day. It wouldn’t hurt to store an extra one in your child’s backpack just in case. 🙂 Thank you!
- tissue box
- band aids
- sanitizing wipes
- paper towels
- gallon sized Ziploc bags
For the Desk:
- water bottle (labeled with name): preferably a small kids water bottle similar to the photo below, but no need to make a special purchase if you do not have one. Large plastic/metal water bottles tend to become a distraction on the desk top or they easily tip and spill!
• Gym shoes to be left at school. These do not need to be new, just clean shoes for Physical Education.
Ms Van Arkel 🙂