Here we are at the last week of third grade!!
A few things to know:
- Biography Museum TOMORROW! Please check your email for the time and there was also an invitation that went home to you on Friday! Your child should bring in their outfit and/or poster on Tuesday morning. Please plan to have your child wear as much as their outfit as they can to school as there will not be a lot of time to change.
- You will see your child’s writing folder come home this week. Please take a look at them and celebrate your child’s hard work and progress made this year! There are also a few ‘first day of third grade’ pages in there that are always fun to look at!
- I have put together a Summer Practice Packet of ideas and math pages to be working on over the summer. Please email me and let me know if you’d like me to send a packet home with your child. As always, please help your child maintain the routine of reading and multiplication fact practice. This will be very very helpful to them as they enter into 4th grade!!
- Library Books: Reminder slips went home on Friday. Please have your child look at home for any library books that need to be returned and make sure they are brought in by Friday.
- Summer Practice: your child will need to get on CLEVER this summer to practice on MobyMax. I will be sending home the CLEVER QR code for sign-in. For some of you, I have already sent this home with your child earlier in the year.
Here’s an update of our learning in third grade:
Writing/Social Studies: We are working on writing about a public issue. We are learning about point of view and how to connect Core Democratic Values to our point of view.
Math: We are working on solving word problems and comparison problems. We are learning about strategies such as drawing comparison bars and noticing when word problems have extra or hidden information.
Reading: We are working on completing our research and writing for our biography project. I am working on doing some reading assessments and I have loved to see our students grow as readers this year!
A FEW MORE THINGS TO KNOW:
- SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDER: I sent home a book order today. I was given book coupons to pass out. If your child received one, it will be stapled to their book order packet. This will be the last book order I send out and it’s a great way to stock up on some books for the summer. As always, our class appreciates your orders as it allows me to choose some free books for our classroom library! Orders are DUE ONLINE BY MAY 28! Thanks!
- LIBRARY BOOKS: Last Friday was the last day for books to be checked out of the library. Please remind your child to be looking for their books that need to be returned and start sending them back to school!
- We will be celebrating the LAST TEN DAYS OF SCHOOL starting this Friday! Each day I will reveal the special celebration, but the first day requires some preparation.
On Friday May 24, we will celebrate with Totally Red, White, and Blue day! Your child may choose to wear red, white, and blue. This also recognizes our Memorial Day weekend!
**NO SCHOOL ON MONDAY, May 27 due to Memorial Day!