The P.E. C.A.R.E.S food drive started this week Wednesday and will run through Noon on November 18. We are asking for your help in bringing in non-perishable food items for Love Inc. of Hudsonville. Please read the post on the PE blog.
Here is some information for the week:
Social Studies quiz: We have been learning about how we modify and adapt to our environment. We will have a short quiz tomorrow. You will see a review page coming home today.
Multiplication Practice Page: We will have our next practice page on Wednesday. Pages were sent home on Friday. Your child has been keeping track of their progress and should know what facts to practice for Wednesday.
MobyMax Fact Fluency practice: At conferences, I gave you an update of your child’s fact fluency scores for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. We spent the first part of the year reviewing addition and subtraction fluency. Since it is a second grade concept, our hope is that student’s have those facts mastered and have moved on to practice multiplication and division. Starting this week, I will move all students to multiplication and division on MobyMax. If your child still needs some practice with addition and subtraction, please continue practicing at home.
PE CARES Food Drive continues through November 16.
Please consider donating non-perishable food items that will all be given to Love Inc. in Hudsonville. The class that brings in the most items will be given a thank you and traveling to Hudsonville Bowling Lanes for a bowling party!!!! Thanks for your help.
Book List: At conferences, we discussed your child’s reading progress and their good-fit level. I am sending home a list of book titles suggestions. Use this as you help your third grader choose ‘just-right’ books. Look for this green paper to come home in daily folders.
November 15: PTC meeting- 6:30 in the library
November 16: Last day for PE Cares donations.
November 19: Culver’s Night 5-8pm
December 13: Holiday Program at Fair Haven church – more details to come!
December 14: Early Release – 12:15 dismissal.
Here are a few things to know for this week:
- A new homework packet will be coming home today. It is due next Monday, November 20. A spelling pre-test with a new spelling word list should come home as well. These words should be practiced for the spelling test on Friday.
- We have library on Wednesday. Please help your third grader to remember to return their books so they can check out new books.
- Multiplication Fluency Practice: You will see a practice page come home today. This was completed on Friday. Attached to this practice page will be a note saying NOT YET or GOT IT! This let’s you and your third grader know what facts will need to be practiced for this Friday. Your third grader keeps track of their own progress on a graph here at school so they will know exactly what facts they should be working on.
- PE CARES: Thursday is the last day to bring in canned goods! Thanks for all the donations so far. Keep them coming!
- We will have our Unit 2 Math Test tomorrow (Tuesday). A review page is coming home tonight. This unit covered multiplication with 6s, 7s, and 8s as well as word problems.
- As a reminder: We do not have school November 22-26. Enjoy your Thanksgiving Break!
- Looking Ahead: Early Release on December 1.
P.E. Cares continues until Friday. Keep those canned goods coming!
We will have our math test on Thursday. This will cover two step word problems with two operations (add, subtract, multiply, divide). We will review in class on Wednesday and the review page will come home.
Please help your third grader to continue practicing math fact fluency at home.
A book order will come home this week. If you are interested in ordering, please place your order online by Tuesday, November 24. The order will arrive before Holiday break!
A reminder: We have a snack time in the afternoon. Please be sure to send one snack. No candy please. Thank you!
From November 5-16, we will be engaged in a school wide service project called TWO ACTS OF MINDFUL GIVING: LOCAL AND GLOBAL.
I will provide an update on our class giving on Friday Nov 8 and Friday Nov 16.
- Our class goal is to raise $60 and bring in 60 non-perishable items.
- We would like every child to donate 2 non-perishable food items and 2 dollars toward this service project.
- The canned goods will supply local families with much needed food. The money will purchase a rechargeable solar light for schools in Uganda.
- To find out more about this special project, please visit our GEORGETOWN BLOG. And…thank you for giving!