Here are a few things to know this week:
Friday, October 18 –Early Release: Dismissal is at 12:15pm
Friday, October 25— Football Game- more details to come!
Tuesday, October 29— Turkey Trot
Tuesday, October 29— Picture Retakes
Thursday, October 31— Fall Party- I have contacted our volunteers and will be sending an email out regarding donations. Please note: only the volunteers that I have contacted, will be able to attend the party due to space concerns with classroom activities and parking.
Reading and Math Fact Log due every Monday. Please help your child remember to sign on the days they read and practice facts.
- MATH: 5 minutes of Multiplication Fact Practice/ 5 days a week.
- Use flash cards, MobyMax, or Flash to Pass app
- It is really starting to become apparent which kids are regularly going over their math facts and which kids are not. PLEASE help your child find success in math class by working on these at home!
- READING: 20 minutes of reading/5 days a week
MATH PRACTICE PAGE:
We did our first practice page on Friday. The practice page will be coming home today. As your child passes each quiz, they will move to the next multiplication fact. For example, if they passed the 5s quiz, this Friday they will take the 2s quiz. If they did not pass the 5s, they will take it again this Friday. Each student will be working at their own pace and tracking their own progress. Please help your child practice their math facts so they can be successful on their practice page on Friday.
Art Prize 2020
- The K-12 HPS ART DEPARTMENT is excited to submit a collaborative piece for ArtPrize 2020. Hudsonville students will work to create an art piece titled “20/20 Vision.”GOAL: Achieve 100% student K-12 participation.WE NEED YOUR PERMISSION to allow your child to participate in the project.Click here to fill out the permission survey.Mrs. Chmura is also asking for donated pieces of wood for the 2020 ART PRIZE entry. Read this blog post for more details.
Today in class, we started our Michigan Geography unit. We began by thinking of some facts we already know about Michigan. Then we did some exploring by looking at the map of Michigan. We had a great time looking closely at the map. Each partner group contributed a question that we hope to answer during our studies of Michigan.